Beta-reading of your fiction manuscript to make the science (and the scientists!) credible.
As well as being the author of numerous science articles, Matthew is also an editor and beta-reader of fiction, particularly speculative science, science fiction, and fantasy, and is uniquely qualified to assess your manuscript and give you an insight into science and research.
The Science Editor beta-reading services will spot the problems, fill the plot holes, and provide solutions to make your novel the best it can be.
The beta-reading services include:
• A written assessment of your manuscript in full and how it could be improved.
• Detailed assessment of the science and concepts described in your manuscript.
• Research and fact-checking.
• Problem solving and ideas to fill the scientific holes in the plot.
As an avid reader, fiction author, and experienced beta-reader, The Science Editor can edit any genre but specialises in the following:
• Speculative science
• Science fiction
• As an expert beta-reader, The Science Editor will give you a fresh perspective on your manuscript.
• The Science Editor will make sure that your plot is credible and the science is correct.
• As a PhD-qualified scientist, The Science Editor will give you a unique insight into science.
• The beta-reading service is cheaper than many beta-reading companies as you're dealing directly with the beta-reader.
For a beta-reading quote, please contact The Science Editor and let us know the following:
• Genre of manuscript.
• Length of manuscript.
• Services required (beta-reading, science assessment, additional research, proofreading or editing).
You may also send us the document to be assessed before beta-reading if you'd prefer.
We'll get back to you as soon as we can with the cost and the expected turnaround time.